Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend!

I love this weekend! Not only for the Great meaning it has for our country, but it is also the weekend when my husband comes back from the work induced coma that has gripped him for the past 2 months! It is the first, and only three day weekend we enjoy! This year we went to Washington to celebrate Mema's Birthday. The weekend was packed with fun, and relaxing, something Bob took much needed advantage of....
Starting off with us crazy adults taking 13 (I think was the count) kids to go see Shreck Ever After.

Then we headed to Sid and Rosy's to enjoy a wonderful BBQ (WHY dont I have any pictures of this!) It was a very relaxing, kids running round, games in the house food on the grill and smoke in the air! (from the camp fire, setting up for yummy s'mores!) So fun. Thanx Rosy for letting us invade!
We enjoyed a nice afternoon at church. I bumped into my cousin from Chicago! talk about a small world! Then the birthday celebration began! Its always fun to see how things run when the men are in charge! (Tee hEE) Us girls settled in for a game of Catan and let the Boys get dinner ready. Dinner was great...


Followed by cake and presents




and FOOD FIGHT!!


I should say cake fight! There wasn't much left but we tried to save what we could just so these two could have a rematch in the car! Why couldnt they just sit pretty like their better halves????

Later, we enjoyed the sunshine at the park and played by the water! Before we had to pack it up and head home.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That was a great weekend! Chocolate cake down my bra and all!

Mike and Julina said...

That WAS a fun weekend! I love getting together and playing as much Settlers as we can.