Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Prep!

I love Halloween! It is one of my favorite holidays! What other day in the year can grown ups dress up and run around acting like kids?? When else do we let our children dress up like freaks in public and go around asking complete strangers for candy?? I love it the most cause I can just leave the cob webs and dust and say its part of the decor!
This Year our ward had the trunk or treat Friday. It was so fun, The kids got to try out their costumes...





William was a GI Joe Guy. It was so funny cause when people asked him what he was for Halloween he would say " A Black Man" uggg that just sounds soo bad!

Reagan was a Princess


All of 10 min before the crown gloves, jewelry were off and she was just running around in the dress.

Alex was a skeleton Pirate


It was so fun to do her make up! Will and Reagan were so scared of her!

I didn't plan on dressing up this year, but I just cant NOT dress up! It is so fun! So I pulled out the old witch and dabbed on the nose! When Reagan saw me she asked," Are you still my mom?"





The kids got tons of candy and had a blast!


We had Grandma come and visit this weekend. She came to see the kids in the primary program. Alex and William both had speaking parts, and they did soo great! I was worried that William would freeze and not say it, cause if I asked him to practice with me, he never would. When the time for him to go to the podium, He said it perfect! Go WIll!!! Alex also did very well speaking slow and clear! No fear of speaking for these two!

While Grandma was here we thought we would go the the pumpkin patch but the weather was not cooperating. It was REALLY COLD! I got my love of the cold weather from my mother so we stayed in doors and carved up some Walmart specials!!











I am so glad my mom came to visit, we had a nice visit and got in some quality chatting and chick flicks in!

4 comments:

Willis Family said...

Fabulous face painting (as always) and fabulous pumpkin carving! They looked so good! You should see our pathetic pumpkin! Glad you had fun with your Mom! Sounds fun! I need to come see you;)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

WOW Your costumes all look fantabulous! You could've come over in your witch's costume on Saturday, just to get one more day out of it! :) Very fun! I had to re-read the part about you getting your love for cold weather from your mom...I was thinking what the? Then I realized you were being sarcastic! :) Sad no murder mystery party this year, next year for sure eh?! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

SO the first picture I posted of you is cute :) and the second one you are preparing to blow out the candles! :) I didn't have many pix to work with for any of us! :) PS I want donuts on Saturday...crispy creme to be exact :)

Mike and Julina said...

I love it! I can't believe you did Alex's makeup....I didn't know you were SO GOOD! I love your makeup too!
A black man...that's too funny! The pumpkins turned out awesome!