Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers day!




Mothers have to be THE most underpaid employees on the planet since our work is never ever done. We’re on duty from the time we open our eyes in the morning until we pass out at night and often even after we’re fast asleep. There is absolutely no such thing as a day off. And if you’re sick? Well, tough! You’ve gotta just suck it up and pretend like you’re not. Nobody, and I do mean nobody, is gonna wipe the snot off your nose.

And it’s not even like I expect something fabulous and grandiose to celebrate this occasion. (I’m not THAT naive, ya know!) Hell, I’d settle for everyone just being able to fend for themselves for an entire day. For example, if not one single person asked me to wipe his or her bottom or to pour a second cup of milk for 24 straight hours, I’d be as happy as a clam. I really don’t think that’s asking for too much — do you?

Well I gotta give credit where its due! My Hubby and the kids showed me the love! It all started the night before mothers day. I was basking in the glory of completing my 5K that day and contemplating whats for dinner. Bob comes home from a mothers day shopping trip to surprise me with a brand new Kitchen aide! ( he's not so good at keeping things a surprise.) So now I can toss the $3 blender and become a real chef! HAR HAR HAR!

I woke up to the smell of bacon, my absolute favorite smell as long as I'm not cooking it! Breakfast was served and presents were laid out amongst lots of handmade cards from the minions. I am now a proud owner of brand new running gear! I cant wait to get out and run in it!

Another unexpected but well loved gift came to me at church! I have a theory that if I stay out of the bishoprics view they cant get me right?! Well I got caught! Waiting for a few of my primary kids outside the bathroom Bro Badger snuck up behind me and asked to meet up with me after church. YIKES! Now we just got a new relif society pres so I was safe from THAT, but I really didnt know what was coming, Speaking in sacrement? My slacking in VT? or maybe someone sniped me out for all the sacrement meetings I kinda, sorta skip? SO I fret and worry the next couple hours and finally make my way to the office. He ushers me into a tiny, no windows, no escape room and... Released me from my 7, yes I said SEVEN years in primary!! Woo Hoo! I'm FREE!! Not quite, he did ask me to be an activities day leader for the young women and I gladly accepted! This will be a fun NEW experience.

After such wonderful news I though the day couldnt get any better. But what do ya know we had an evening planned with friends! Good food, good friends, BAD Basketball skills, and a LONG game of Settlers (no I didnt win, the day wasnt THAT perfect) but it was so fun!

Now I could write some sappy stuff about how much I love this life, my kids, my huusband, and my friends, but Im not so good at all that, so I just want to put it out there... I know that I am Loved and it feels great!

2 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on being released! I knew it was wearing on you. I think activity days would be so fun! Good luck with the new calling, I think you'll be great with those girls!!!

Willis Family said...

Ooooo! A new kitchen aid.....wait a minute....didn't I get you that $3 blender....huh. I was in Activity Days a few years ago and I really liked it! You will love it!