Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

First off, I gotta say I ALWAYS forget somthing every year! Usally it is only a little present here or, I admit, I even forgot the stockings one year (we ran to the dollar store for last min stockings). This year takes the prize for worst forgetfulness EVER! I forgot ALL the stocking stuffers for everyone! Now usally this wouldn't be too terrible except that Bob and I agreed, the cruise was our Christmas for each other and that we would only buy Stocking stuffers. Of course I don't relize my blunder until we have travelled the entire 250 mile trip to Pocatello, with the children's crying and whining "our we there yets?" It got so bad Bob finally stopped in Burly to buy a portable DVD player (Merry Christmas to the kids and I a little early! ) just so the kids would be good the rest of the way. It worked!
Well we tried to call some friends that were headed to Rigby to see if they would be able to bring the stocking stuffers when they came, unfortunatly our 11:00pm call found them stranded in Mountain Home with car problems! Bob decided to head back to Boise to help out our friends, and hey, while he was at it grab those darn stuffers! As he is driving away I relize he has EVERYTHING still in the car, socks, shoes, pillows, MY MAKEUP! I am not happy going to bed that night alone! About an hour later he comes back, Our friends had called on someone else to help them out and Bob decided he was too tired to drive all night. So in the morning we unload the truck and he drives to Boise and back, just for stuffers. What a great Dad! He really didn't want his kids to have to wait till we got home to rumage threw thier stockings.
After that things got much better! Bob got back to Pocatello at about 5:00 we all opened our Christmas PJ from Gma Willis and then set out the cookies for Santa.






The kids were ready for bed early cause they wanted Santa to come. I should clarify that, kids were ready for "bed" NOT SLEEP! They were laughing and giggling until almost midnight before things settled down enough for Santa to come. My kids were pretty good this year if you look at all those presents!


Christmas Morning came very early, about 6:00 am the kids were awake and pulling us out of bed!





The rest of the day was spent playing with new toys, playing my new game (Settlers of Catan) and visiting laughing and enjoying the spirit of Christmas! We drove home that night because Bob had to work the next morning, although it was a short visit, it was great!



1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I love Reagans little apron and chef hat! :) I can't believe all the driving Bob did! Looks like Christmas was a success :) I have heard of that Settlers of Catan game but never played it. I saw it once at a store and it looked very intimidated...and very pricey...so I figured I would wait and play someone ELSES first to see how it is! :)