Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Early Easter...

Know the great thing about being stuck in a car with your kids for 4 hours? Yeah, me neither. Nevertheless, that’s just what I found myself doing this past weekend.

With the car weighted down with snacks, DVD’s, video games, magazines, and 5,000 bags of luggage, we set off on the 250 mile trek. And sure enough, the “Are we there yet?” chants started in before we even made it out of downtown Boise. (Ok, so I’ll admit that I might have been a part of the chanting squad too, so don’t judge.) What did we do to pass all that time, you ask? Well, Alex was happy to play her Nintendo DS for literally 3 straight hours that day. I don’t know how on earth the kid didn’t develop a permanent crick in her neck from looking down for so long. Reagan and William watched movie after movie, while I plugged in the ipod and drowned out the movie after movie noise! We were all doing a happy dance when we finally arrived in great ol' poca-hell-hole! (Okay its not that bad really, I just like to say that!) To spend a few fun filled days of celebrating easter. ( Yes I relize Easter is THIS weekend but ya know, ya gotta make it work for the Grandmas.) I didnt expect to be driving into a freaking snow storm! Its SPRING-break not Christmas eve for crying out loud!!! This is what it looked like in my parents back yard Saturday morn.( Yes we are planning on hiding eggs out there!)




Lucky for us we live in Idaho and you can have a blizard in the morning and then a mild Summer afternoon in the same day! The snow melted off leaving us soggy, wet and slimmy easter eggs to find! Between all of the candy frenzied children all the eggs were found and consumed in about 3.5 minutes and then the sugar high kicked in!







Good Times!

The kids were left to there own sugar induced comas and the so-called adults busted out the Rock Band!



Even Grandma got her groove on!

I finally met the latest addition to the Willis Family... Teagan David Willis. He is the spittin' image of his daddy, only much cuter!

A few games of intense bartering and building in Catan, a game I haven't won in many moons! Added to the fun. I was kept up to insane hours of the night meeting Dexter. So that I was thouroughly sleep deprived for the fun fillled, rerun trip back to Boise. (see 1st paragragh for details.)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am bummed you won't be here for Easter!

Willis Family said...

I vote you move back to Poke-a-hell-hole. We miss you, too!

Mike and Julina said...

Holy crap that's a lot of snow for March! You're a trooper to have lived through that car ride with out Bob. Happy Easter!