Monday, October 20, 2008

The Geen Smoothie that wasn't...

I have been very health conscious lately, I have joined a gym that I have actually been going to. I have been trying to cut back on my sweets, and eating healthier food. Well I struggle with breakfast food, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" Well I usually skip it and jump to lunch. I don't like eating waffles and pancakes cause they just sit on my stomach all day. Oatmeal is gross, and I am not a big cereal fan. I could eat bacon and eggs but that blows the healthy part. So I have been looking for something I might enjoy in the morning to get me going. I was playing on the Internet and came across an interesting topic of the "GREEN SMOOTHIE" I read the article and it hyped up raw foods and how good they are, how if you eat these Green Smoothies you have energy and mind control. ( okay not really but it was going in that direction) The trick with the Green Smoothie is that there is no recipe, you just add the ingredients that you like trying to stay close to the 60-40 fruit to veggie ratio. Well I went to fix me my DP for the morning and I thought "Hey I have all this fruit and veggies in the fridge I think I will give it a try." So I pulled out the blender and all the stuff and started throwing in an apple, a few grapes, an orange,and some strawberry yogurt, so far so good, it is pretty color of pink with flecks of red. Now I had to force myself to throw the veggies in, a handful of salad, there goes the color to a sickly green tinge, and a stalk of celery, Well I didn't have spinach, any really green stuff so i though Hey Carrots are good and WOW that changed my sickly green smoothly to bright orange! OOPS! I add a little honey to sweeten and a little water to thin out this concoction and pour it out.....

OH MY GOSH IT IS DISGUSTING!!!!
not even able to choke it down! So it is back to DP in the morning and I will continue my search for a healthy breakfast.

Don't worry i didn't wast all that good food, I couldn't bring myself to drink it but i couldn't throw it away either, I found a fan. William loved the stuff!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

That's hilarious that WIlliam LIKED IT! I have a couple of girl friends who do this and they love it. I think the trick is finding which fruits and veggies go well together.

Mema said...

I'm not fixing "green Smoothies" for breakfast. Not even for Will:)

Mike and Julina said...

That is hilarious! I love the pictures you posted for it. I really do hope you find something healthy to drink or eat in the morning. Good luck and let us all know what you find.

Kellie said...

Poor kid. Try fruit, natural yogurt, and granola with a little honey...one of my faves when I have time.

Kim said...

That is great that you got William to drink it!!! Good luck finding something good to eat...I am a huge cereal fan...all meals of the day!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That made me laugh so hard...I am thinking about the healthy eating too, so I was hoping at the end you were going to give us the recipe and we would all be drinking delicious green smoothies for breakfast, so funny..cause it sounds like it would be disgusting! I guess I will stick to eating the veggies and fruit by themselves, right after that donut right? :)

Willis Family said...

I don't think that eating healthy is worth eating that crap!! The Dr. Pepper looked pretty good though!