Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Picking a Pumpkin

This weekend we wanted to go pick pumpkins with the kids. So we drove out to the local pumpkin patch/hayride/corn maze to find that they were closed on Sunday, I was a little disappointed and was afraid the kids would be really upset by this. I noticed William and Reagan were both sleeping soundly, Alex was the only on awake and she really wanted to find a pumpkin. So instead of all the hyped up stuff we found a local farmer just down the road and asked if we could pick a pumpkin, they were more then happy to let us, and even supplyed a huge pair of clippers to clip it from the stem.

Bob stayed in the car with the kids and took a little snooze with them, while Alex and I searched for the perfect pumpkin. It was fun, and I enjoyed the one on one time with Alex. She was excited to find the biggest one and even carried it most of the way back to the car. Maybe next weekend we will try again on a Saturday!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is pretty cool that the farmer let you pick from his pumpkins. It is always good to find the good kind people in the world!!! They are still out there!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures, you are looking sooo good!! who needs that green smoothie when you look so good, you are nuts!!

Mike and Julina said...

Alex looks like a pro at cutting those things. That's a really good pic of you Wendy. Love it. I can't believe your baby (Alex) is so big. Wasn't she just born. Are you going to carve the pumpkin now? We wanna see those pic's too. Oh, I almost forgot, I found your b-day gift the other day that I totally forgot to mail you 2 months ago so Mary will be bring it to you next week. Enjoy.