Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lesson from a 6 yr old

Yesterday I broke a tooth so I have to go to the dentist today. ( I HATE the dentist, I know everyone hates the dentist, take your hate for him and X 100 then you might get close to how I feel!) Anyway so I have been in a little bit of pain for the last 24 hours, and more then a little grumpy. Then this morning Alex over heard me talking to a friend How I don't want to go to the dentist this morning. after I get off the phone call she says, "Mom I want you to go to the dentist, cause he will make you feel better. Please don't be scared, I know I was scared when I went to the dentist but it wasn't bad and now I have braces, so I think you should go and get better and maybe you can get braces too." I smiled and told her she was right I should be glad to go and get my tooth fixed, but I don't think I will need braces, I already had them once! So on my way to the dentist this afternoon I will try and remember he is going to fix my problem not make it worse! Thank you Alex

5 comments:

Willis Family said...

I would be scared too if the Dentist broke a bit in my mouth! I think you should get braces again just for the fun of it!

Mike and Julina said...

What a sweet girl, trying to comfort you. I would gladly go to the dentist for you since I love love love the dentist, well I guess it's the nitric I love.

Leslie said...

Good luck. I hate the dentist,too. I need a little Alex to reassure me too.

Anonymous said...

how did you break your tooth? ouch! hope you are doing better now. what a sweet kiddo you have!! I guess we will see you guys soon, can't wait!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

How'd it go? I HATE going to the dentist too...it actually hasn't been as bad as I remember it being when I was a kid... hope you are feeling better! Your santa pix are cute!